1) Get over yourself. You’re not as important as you think.
2) When you stop to smell the roses, watch out for bees.
3) Scars build character. Make sure you get ones with cool stories behind them.
4) Learn to love others because they are people, not because of what they can do for you (see #1).
5) Look up at the stars. This place is really big and really cool.
I found this list recently, but I wrote it a while ago, when I was still struggling through college. This list seems relevant still, so I’ll share it. I’m sure most of you could figure this out on your own, but what-the-hey. I love number five.